Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Twilight in the Beach....






  I'd been to Elliot's beach here in Chennai with my aunt yesterday, we left the house at 5pm and we were there in about 15 to 20 minutes. I was prepared to drench myself completely. The minute we went to the beach the first thing I noticed was the fact that it wasn't overcrowded as always.



As I was busy looking at the people my aunt called out and asked me to look at the sun, which was facing the beach in the opposite direction. I'd already removed my slippers and was standing in the beach allowing the waves to drench my legs, I then looked behind at the sun and found myself gaping in awe at the enormous magnificence in its best form ever !
It was like a giant orange fruit floating in the sky, I stood adhered to the ground till the sun disappeared behind the buildings, then turned back to the beach.. The sun had already set but the sunlight persisted, then I looked at the sky just above the sea to seek the moon, meanwhile a huge wave embraced my legs upto the knee.
The waves seemed to race with each other to reach me, they kept coming to me over and over again, the way they came towards me reminded me of my late dog 'Tinku' who used to greet me in the same way when I went home..




The sun had left his orange impression in the sky.. just then the thick dark clouds began to part slowly to reveal their precious treasure; The moon was still faint due to the persistant sunlight, but the way it appeared from the midst of the clouds was like an artist entering the center stage following the curtain rise..
The sunlight was slowly fading, as the moon became brighter..
                                                                   




After a while the moon was rich Golden Yellow, highlighted in the dark blue backdrop of the sky, but soon the moon was again entrapped by clouds... Then my attension was back on the sea. Since it was full moon the tides were very high, it seemed as if they were trying to reach out to the sky... The waves and the cool breeze were embrazing me at the same time.. I noticed a huge garland in the sea, and the waves carried it everywhere, I also noticed a few oysters digging back into the sand, but the waves kept pulling them out as if to play..




Far away from the shore, a portion of water which was shimmering like an ornament caught my eye, directly above it was the moon enclosed by the clouds.. Just then my aunt called out for me and expressed her wish to part from the beach, but to my dismay the moon was still amongst the dark clouds and not to be seen, so I just closed my eyes and wished I could see it soon, I just requested my aunt to give me a few more minutes, for I wanted to see its enchanting beauty for
one last time. Meanwhile, I savoured the sight of the magnanimous sea for one last time and looked at the sky.




I was dumbfounded at this moment, because there was the moon in the middle of the dark clouds, like a jewel in its case, maybe He heard my call...
I stood there with my opened eyes for a while and for once I wished I had more pairs of eyes, and this enormous beauty was so mesmerising that without my knowledge I'd tears of joy rolling down my cheeks...
I closed my eyes for a moment and thanked God for this wonderful creation and also for giving me a chance to enjoy its beauty... I bid farewell to my most favorite spot and I thanked my aunt for her company..



I thank God for giving me a chance to express so much about his amazing creation...

No comments:

Post a Comment